Advantages of Hybrid Element
- Linear static, transient and modal analysis in Structure using conventional or
- Linear harmonic analysis in Acoustic using conventional or
OWF (Outward-wave-favouring) element.
- Inbuilt preprocessing
for simple 2D, 3D and axisymmetric geometries. Union and pattern assembly are two available features.
- Import of GAMBIT and ABAQUAS mesh.
- Some preliminary postprocessing.
Advantages of Outward-wave-favouring element
- Computational Efficiency: Hybrid formulation gives better coarse mesh accuracy.
- Locking: Hybrid elements are less susceptible to
shear, membrane and volumetric locking.
- Robustness:Hybrid elements (3D) can be used to model all types of structures like plate,beam,shell and chunky geometries.
- Transient response: Hybrid element can simulate transient analysis
HyFem Presentation and Video
- This element is developed for exterior acoustic analysis.
High Frequency Accuracy : At higher frequencies this element perform far better than existing conventional element.
- Acoustic radiation and scattering analysis can be done with reasonably coarse mesh.
- A brief presentation with some specific results. Upcoming features in HyFem is also
- Geometry features and meshing capabilities in HyFem.
pinched hemisphere problem to demonstrate superiority of hybrid element when conventional element fails drastically
in presence of shear and membrane locking.
- Acoustic radiation of
an oscillating sphere. This video show far better performance of OWF element over existing conventional element.
Professors who guided and encouraged us:
© All Rights Reserved 2015